Gen. 1:3

Gen. 1:3
Let there be light.

Monday, February 7, 2011

My Box or Yours?

Ever try to shove a square peg in a round hole? It never works. You can’t force it, nor should you try. We learn this great life lesson somewhere around the age of 1 or 2, and then lose it somewhere around puberty.




It’s not the little plastic toys that we manage to screw up, but each other’s lives instead. Have you ever been in a position when you did not live up to someone else’s expectations? Had someone try to make you, change you, or downright force you into something that you don’t want to do, or be? Someone who tries to change you into the person they want you to be, and not who you want? My question is: What makes their expectation the right one? I have several of these people in my life. And when I try to talk to them about it, they all seem to revert to one answer. They are trying to help me. Help me do what? I have yet to figure this out. Most often what I have found is that the people who are trying to help me the most, are the ones who actually know me the least. These are not people who have my best interests at heart, though they may be absolutely convinced that they do.

God created us to be who and what we are. We are each one unique to our own shape and purpose. We all have a reason for being here. It is God’s reason, not our own.

If you try to live up to the expectations, wills, and demands of those around you, then you will never be able to live up to it all. There are far too many people out there. And in the process, you will fall short of what God’s plan is for your life. So, when someone tells you to ‘learn to think outside the box’, ask them whose box that is? Your box was custom made by God, just for you. You cannot fit into theirs, nor they into yours. I think I’m going to start telling them to ‘learn to start thinking inside of their own.”

Peace,
Lori

Until next time, enjoy!

Psalm 23:6 "...my cup overflows."

Coming Christmas 2010
Ho, Ho, Hey! What Just Happened?
Holiday enlightenment from an overworked Santa and his testy crew!
http://www.sinclairinkspot.com/

You can find me on my web site, Facebook, MySpace, Classmates, Shoutlife, Yahoo, or Twitter.

Bionote: Lori is the author of three business books, numerous church skits, and several articles. She lives in Sacramento with her two children, two dogs, and cat. She loves to hear from her readers, so please email your thoughts and questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment