Gen. 1:3

Gen. 1:3
Let there be light.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flu Season

Flu Season

We got our flu shots at work this week. It reminded me of how miserable I am when I get sick. I am not at all pleasant to be around. All I want to do is sleep and have some hot chicken soup. Canned soup is good, but nothing compares to homemade. It is both tastier and cheaper. I try to keep a big pot around at least once a week. If not for me, then for someone else in my household that may not be feeling well either. There is a special feeling when you care for someone else who is ill.

Matthew 25:36 "... I was sick and you looked after me..." NIV

Here is my favorite chicken soup recipe.

1 whole chicken
3-4 cloves garlic
6 cups water
salt
pepper
3-4 stalks celery
2-3 carrots
1 potato
2 C. egg noodles

Take one whole chicken, clean, remove the giblets, and place into a large crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped garlic, celery, carrots, potato, and onion. Cover with water. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. If no crock pot is available, simmer the chicken on the stove top on low heat for 2 hours. Remove the chicken from the heat. The liquid is now the base of your soup. Salt and pepper to taste.

When the chicken is cooled, remove the meat from the bones, taking care not to get any small bones into the meat. Return the meat to the pot, discard the bones. Bring to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook until tender. Serve warm with crackers.

Enjoy, and stay well this flu season.

Lori
Psalm 23:6 "...my cup overflows."

www.SinclairInkSpot.com
You can find me on my web site, Facebook, MySpace, Classmates, Shoutlife, or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment