Gen. 1:3

Gen. 1:3
Let there be light.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reflections or Projections?

When you look in the mirror, who do you see?  Do you see who you really are, or who you want to be?  Or who someone else wants you to be?  Are we really honest with ourselves, and with others?

"The Fixers" of the world want to see people who are broken inside, so they can fix them.  "I just want to help" is a common defense.  But who are they helping?  Others, or themselves? 

Victims blame everyone.  "If ____ hadn't happened, I would be a totally different person.  I could be happy."  They don't see who they are, or who they can become, only what has happened to them.  They are stuck in the past, and therefore destined to repeat it.  They re-live the same nightmares over and over again, as if once wasn't enough.  What happened to them becomes who they are, and they try to drag you into their misery so they can have some company.

Apathy is dangerous.  People just don't care.  The question is why?  Does life really not matter to them?  Or have they beaten their heads against the wall so many times, only to haved no one else truly hear them?



I think listening is the key.  People don't do this well anymore.  We are all so busy, rushing from one place to another.  "How are you?" we ask, running by without waiting for the answer.  Can you remember the answer the last time you asked someone how they were?  I can't.

I know that life is extremely frustrating to me when my Fixers don't listen to me.  I tell them that I am fine, and they tell me that I am not.  I tell them that I am happy, and they say that I can't possibly be.  The Victims in my life want to drag me down with them, but I won't let them.  What I want to tell them all, is to look at me... Really look at me.  See me for who and what I am, not what you want to see, or what you are projecting on to me.  Look at ME!  Listen to ME!  I am me, not a projection of anybody else on earth.  I strive to reflect Christ in my life, while still being the unique and inidividual me that God made.  This is not easy sometimes.  There are days when I just want to pull my hair out, but I persevere.  God never promised happiness, just salvation.  That is the most important promise I have ever been made, and I cling to it.

For you, I wish a world full of life, love, and overwhelming happiness.  I wish that you are surrounded by people who love and listen to you, and let be who and what you are inside, not what they want to make you.  Spread your wings.  Learn to fly.  Soar to heights never before known to man, and show the world just who and what you are... not what they want you to be.

Peace,


Lori

Until next time, enjoy!
Psalm 23:6 "...my cup overflows."

Coming Christmas 2010
Ho, Ho, Hey! What Just Happened?
Holiday enlightenment from an overworked Santa and his testy crew!
http://www.sinclairinkspot.com/

You can find me on my web site, Facebook, MySpace, Classmates, Shoutlife, Yahoo, or Twitter.

Bionote: Lori is the author of three business books, numerous church skits, and several articles. She lives in Sacramento with her two children, two dogs, and cat. She loves to hear from her readers, so please email your thoughts and questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment